Search results

1. T

Granite surface block - Free

I use self adhesive sand paper for sharpening tools. I adhere the strips to granite counter top piece assuming these are about as flat as float glass. I’m upgrading from three grits to four. If anyone wants a 9”x13” piece of granite I can bring to the picnic. It’s not special unless you...
  2. T

Not fine woodworking

Not fine woodworking but I hope my granddaughter likes the idea as well as her parents. It’s called a Pickler Triangle and is intended for a very young child to climb on and explore but not tall enough to get badly hurt in the inevitable falls. Don’t know how I grew to increpitude without...
  3. T

Dovetail Jig?

Below is a jig that came with a lot of tools I purchased a while back. It looks like a dovetail jig but the slots look too narrow for a guide bushing. Anyway, I’m thinking it is excess to me. If anyone can identify and wants it, it’s available to a new home. Located near Fuquay Varina, NC
  4. T

Quincy Air Compressor free to a new home

After an extended period of poor storage, I fired up my 5 hp Quincy air compressor to discover significant blow by. I have since run across a good deal on a different 5 hp pump and transferred the motor to it (was three phase). If anyone is interested in rebuilding this pump, I would be happy...
  5. T

Basswood

What would you use basswood for? I don’t carve. I imagine it could be used for the back and/or dust panels in dressers or other places where a filler is needed. I have access to a couple hundred bdf but don’t know that it’s worth hauling home. Thoughts?
  6. T

Japanese saws, etc

My neighbor brought these over from an in-law who can no longer use them. He said “no charge” but if they actually are good tools, that wouldn’t be right. I know next to nothing about Japanese saws or their look alikes. Virtually all say made in Japan. Most look in pretty good shape. A few...
  7. T

Changing spindle sander drums

I have a Grizzly spindle sander that has a 4" diameter x 9" sanding drum. Changing the drum is difficult - at least for me. I even resorted to cutting the worn drum off and then rolling the rubber cylinder under foot to try to shrink it down (after the center mandrel was removed). Any tricks...
  8. T

Dust filter

I had been using a Grizzly dust collector with their collection bags. When I did a fair amount of sanding with my drum sander, everything in the shop ended with a coating of sander dust. I knew the bags weren’t good, but that was ugly. I didn’t want to spend a pile of money as my longer term...
  9. T

Lasering stone

My future daughter in law wants to have table seating markers made from broken pieces of counter top. She would like table numbers etched on them - perhaps darken the etching with paint or stain. I suspect this would take a laser with fairly significant power. Does anyone in the Raleigh...
  10. T

Skip Planing Lumber

I skip planed 75 or 80 board feet of lumber this morning, some for thought of projects, some because the rough boards came off the stack in the way of what I wanted. Which brought to mind ---- which is the better way to store lumber: in the rough as sawn and air dried for umpty years, or skip...
  11. T

Shaper Table

I purchased the shaper shown in the attached picture a while ago off Craig's List. It has a large wing attached to what seems like the back side of the working area of the table. I'm not sure why one would want this large surface beyond the spindle other than the "more is better, too much is...
  12. T

Wood species?

Attached are a few pics of wood trim at the daughter and son in laws home. I believe at least some is birch - such as the plywood. But there are more than one species. The kids would like new bathroom vanities made, and I’m deciding what wood to use (matching stain is a whole other issue)...
  13. T

Auction that may have interesting items

https://asheville.craigslist.org/tld/d/garner-copemaster-coping-machine/7621639921.html Link is for one item, but if go to web site, can view all. I won't be around when pickup date is, or would offer for anyone bidding Ted
  14. T

Three Phase Motor $50

I have a 5 hp, 208V three phase motor that I have no need for. It is a 184T frame, 1800 nominal rpm. It came off a compressor I purchased and replaced the motor with a single phase. $50 at the picnic, a little less if you bring a side I like, and free if I win the table saw.
  15. T

Odd (apparently) sized brad point bit

Folks; I'm working on building a baby crib and need a 17/32 inch brad point bit, or possibly a 14mm bit, to set the dowels I've made. Ordered one from Amazon, but naturally lost in transit. I live near Raleigh and have tried the local suppliers like Klingspor's as well as Woodcraft in...
  16. T

Woodworker's Guild

Folks; I was in Greenville, SC last weekend and happened upon a place called Greenville Woodworker's Guild. They have an amazing facility with many large tools, materials for sale to members, classes, etc. Membership is quite reasonable. Is there anyplace similar to that in the Raleigh area...
  17. T

Odd little entry table

My daughter would like for me to build a table approximating this one...
  18. T

Craftsman Shaper and a few cutters - SOLD

I have a Craftsman shaper and 13 cutters that I'd like to clear out of the shop. I've used it occasionally but purchased a replacement that is larger, and so on. Not really sure what real world value is. I'm thinking maybe $125 for the machine, cutters, manual reprint, and roller cabinet it...
  19. T

Air Compressor Pump

Seven years of ambient (read humid) storage appears to have significantly damaged my 5 HP Quincy compressor pump. It has huge amounts of blowby through the crankcase and doesn't build pressure very quickly. A little online research indicates that rebuild kits for piston and rings is more...
  20. T

Motor Free to a good home

Ok, does not even need to be a good home....... I can't yet post to the marketplace, but dove in here because not for sale. I have a 1 hp, 1725 rpm three phase motor that came off my Yates-American band saw recently purchased. I do not have three phase. I saw the saw run at the shop where I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS