Search results

1. C

Jointer/Planer combination

DrBob Good afternoon. Thank you for your feedback and the reminder of rule #1, I tend to forget this rule at times. Thank you to all of the others who have commented as well. These responses are the reason that i reach out. This is not a tool I need today. In reality i do not need any of the...
  2. C

Good afternoon. Thank you for the response My shop is 24 x 28 at this time; however, I am hopeful to have something larger one day. I believe i can make the space work out. Current dust collection should be adequate for both machines. I have adequate 220 power for two machines. The costs for a...
  3. C

Good afternoon. I hope this finds you all well. I am considering purchasing a jointer/planer combo for a small shop. I currently have an 8” powermatic HH jointe, a DeWalt DW 735 planner and a Supermax 19-38 drum sander. I am a hobbyist at best; however, as my skills get better i would like a...
  4. C

Bench Vise

Good afternoon. My apologies for the tardy response. I am just seeing this response. Thank you for your questions. As I am new to woodworking I am not sure where i am going. I suspect it will always lean towards the power tools; however, I do want to learn to work with hand tools. I appreciate...
  5. C

ABOUT SAW INSERTS AND SHIPPING

Bruce Good afternoon. Thank you for trying sir. Craig
  6. C

Bench Vise

Fred Good afternoon. For some reason i am having trouble sending a PM. My e-mail is ceick61@gmail.com Thank you Craig
  7. C

Bench Vise

Good morning to you all. It is great to have the site back up to see what is going on. May thanks to those who are responsible for keeping the site up and going. As i have noted in previous posts i am new to the woodworking family and therefore am continuing to add items to my shop. I...
  8. C

ABOUT SAW INSERTS AND SHIPPING

Bruce Good afternoon sir, I hope you are well. Good to hear from you. I had placed an order for i think 2 or 3 for a Grizzly G1023RLWX. Was not sure if you were going to be able to make it to Raleigh; theorfore, I am not sure if we finalized delivery. IF you have my order could you give me a...
  9. C

Penolic distribution run!

Bruce Good afternoon. I ordered 3 for a grizzly table saw. If you think yo will be getting to Raleigh I can meet you. If not i am happy to send check for material, S&H to you. Thanks again for doing this I am looking forward to the new plates. craig
  10. C

Phenolic saw plates cheap!

Bruce Good evening. Let me join the others by saying thank you for doing this. I will take 3 for a Grizzly 1023RLWX. I live in Rolesville, NC. Therefore will be glad to mail check for inserts and shipping. When things settle down just let me know where to send the check to. If in the future...
  11. C

New member in Rolesville

Good evening to you all on this snowy Sunday evening from Rolesville. My name is Craig and i joined up this fall. I have posted previously and have met a couple of the members who have been gracious to help out a newcomer to the world of woodworking. I spent few hours with Chris C yesterday...
  12. C

Who's interested in a sharpening workshop?

Chris Good evening from snowy Rolesville, NC. I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your time yesterday to spend a few hours with me. The sharpening lesson on chisels was very instructinve and helpful. Hopefully i can replicate the process when it is time to sharpen them the next time...
  13. C

Next Tool Purchase

Jim Thank you to you and all of the other responses to my question. They have been very helpful. I have been able to use a jig for my table saw to join the board edges. For what I am doing for right now it works fine. I still want a jointer and will eventually purchase one; however, i was...
  14. C

Next Tool Purchase

Scott Good afternoon. Thank you for the note. My plan is to purchase rough wood and joint/plane it myself. To me that is part of the wood working experience. Not sure if it really is; however, it is the way i would like to do it. This is one of the main reasons why i lean towards the jointer...
  15. C

Next Tool Purchase

Hello I am new to the woodworking world as enjoyed reading and learning from this website. As my skills get better and i continue to gain more experience specific to woodworking I find myself wanting to purchase additional tools and equipment. I am 56 years old; therefore, I am trying to...
  16. C

New to the site

Good evening. Can you help learn how to post a question to the site for feedback. Sorry for not being able to figure it out on my own. thank you craig

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS