Search results

1. N

Upside To Polar Vortex

I can't help but wonder if you've even read the entirety of the article you posted...
  2. N

Type of wood for outdoor bench?

dazart, I have a pile of angelim pedra that you're welcome to have for free if you'd like it. It is rot resistant, super hard, works/finishes well, and is already roughly milled to the size it appears you'll need. My plan was to make some outdoor furniture, but my wife picked up some pre-made...
  3. N

Florip Toolworks

Wow, wish I'd found out about this before I purchased my Veritas saws. $9 more than the Veritas for a hand-made saw seems like a steal to me. Other guys want $250 for a small dovetail saw.
  4. N

Charlotte Meetup?

June 30th works for me. I may have to cut out early if I have to go into work late that night, but should still be able to spend a fair amount of time with everyone.
  5. N

Charlotte Meetup?

I gave up a couple months ago when I got only 2-3 responses to my post. Maybe people were just burned out from the holidays, but you know I'm always willing to go to a meetup. I can't host again just yet... there's a 16 foot boat under construction in my shop!:no:
  6. N

Looking for a Hollow Chisel Mortiser

Have a Jet benchtop model that's like brand new and I would be willing to ship if you're interested. I'm selling because I purchased a Domino and built a router based mortiser so it just sits unused. Has 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 chisels and Rockler diamond honing bits. Can send photos/info, just PM me if...
  7. N

Happened upon a small scrapper plane

Errr... Have you looked at the prices for the few listed on ebay? :swoon:
  8. N

Next Charlotte Area Meetup - Input Requested

At the first two meetups we discussed the best time for the post-holiday meetup and mid March seemed to be obvious choice. We also discussed having a member do a demo, having the meetup hosted by some sort of professional shop, a "group demo" where everyone could bring a shopmade jig or tool to...
  9. N

Wood ID.

Just the cheapster's typical kit: the Harbor Freight 2HP plumbed to all of my tools, Shopvacs for smaller tools, and a 1/3 HP Shopfox air cleaner. None of them are marvelous tools, but all together they keep me happy enough. Oh, there's an Oneida cyclone plumbed into the dust collector as well.
  10. N

Wood ID.

It has a slight odor but it isn't unpleasant. I make sure to use my best dust collection when I work it. The two times I was lazy about the dust I had sore throat for 2-3 days after and now I make sure the dust collector filters are freshly cleaned as well as a shopvac on hand with the overhead...
  11. N

Wood ID.

The end grain and face grain look exactly like the stash of Angelim Pedra that I have. Mine also has those very dark, dense spots throughout all of the lumber. http://www.bellforestproducts.com/angelim-pedra/ Hard as a coffin nail, but surprisingly easy to work.
  12. N

Need clear acrylic plastic for making router bases- source?

Dan, I've used www.usplastic.com in the past for acrylic sheets, tubes, etc. They always ship very quickly and I've never been disappointed.
  13. N

Festool Voucher

PM sent
  14. N

Festool Voucher

If I remember I will check mine when I get home from work in the morning. It should still be in my sander systainer and I don't plan to use it.
  15. N

Almost done

Looks great from here!
  16. N

Grand Auditorium finished...

My thinking goes... build one and I'll be motivated to learn to play. We'll see some day I guess.
  17. N

Next Charlotte are Meet-Up October 21st

So one of the bends was a failure after I removed it from the form this afternoon... and surprisingly it wasn't the one that broke the the jig's hold-down. The outside of the large bend failed because the wood fibers were stretched too far. The bending strap likely wasn't forced down tight...
  18. N

I've been busy since Saturday so haven't had time to post here yet. Thanks to everyone for coming out again and George for hosting/feeding. It appeared, at least from my end, that we had much more in depth conversations about woodworking at this meetup. We're going to try to iron out the...
  19. N

Grand Auditorium finished...

Cool, excellent work. That's something I've always wanted to try, but I can't play so no motivation to make one.
  20. N

Just a reminder that this is just over a week away. Make sure you have LB75's address. See you there.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS