New Year giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
google is not showing a BofA in downtown. know the address?

To be exact that was its old name.

The buildings new name is One City Plaza 421 Fayetteville street

We will be meeting at the loading dock with is on the Wilmington Street side

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Its the little square downtown where they do New Years Eves and concerts. BoA has Jimmy Johhs and Happy Hale in front of it and ZPizza on the first floor too. The Marriot and Sheraton are both across the street. Phil may correct me, but we may be doing the loading at the loading dock which is on the opposite side of the building on Wilmington St(its a one way heading north). There is a parking deck across the street and the Lincoln theater is just down the street from the loading dock. If you miss the loading dock on the left, make a right turn to get back around. A left will wont be as easy.

I hope I've confused everyone enough. :) Driving downtown is a pain sometimes and I even work there. Look at street view if you need some clarification.

Red Arrow Points left to the dock after the white van.
attachment.php

Google maps street view
https://goo.gl/maps/UxknDkFx1GB2

Attachments

• BofADock.JPG
    BofADock.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
As I recall from the last time, there is basically no parking in that area..and less with convenient loading.

What if we were to move the material out with say, a couple of big vehicles/trailers then split out the loads at a nearby parking lot* a la the wood-runs of old? I was planning to be there to help load 'for the duration' anyways.

* not sure such a thing exists in downtown Raleigh

-Mark

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If they haven't all been spoken for, I could use some of the cherry panels and walnut trim.

BTW, do you need us to bring any tools or other implements?

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
As I recall from the last time, there is basically no parking in that area..and less with convenient loading.

What if we were to move the material out with say, a couple of big vehicles/trailers then split out the loads at a nearby parking lot* a la the wood-runs of old? I was planning to be there to help load 'for the duration' anyways.

* not sure such a thing exists in downtown Raleigh

-Mark
If you look at Steves photo above showing the loading dock, to the immediate right of the image is a large parking area. On a Saturday morning I'm pretty sure it would be available for parking/staging. It would be the SW corner of the Wilmington ST/ Cabarrus intersection.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi Phil,

it doesn't seem like the light fixtures are flying off the ceiling. In re-evaluating, I realized that I could double my original order of 8 - might be best to light the front of the shop too!:confused:

Cumulative wish list:

I could use 16 of the 2 x 4 fluorescent fixtures and 2 of the 3' wide bookcases.

Thanks,

Jeff

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
If you look at Steves photo above showing the loading dock, to the immediate right of the image is a large parking area. On a Saturday morning I'm pretty sure it would be available for parking/staging. It would be the SW corner of the Wilmington ST/ Cabarrus intersection.
Hey thanks David. Looks like a medium lot for public parking and the remainder (the unpaved part) is for monthly parking pass holders - we could possibly make use of that too as long as no vehicles were left unattended.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7732042,-78.638213,91a,35y,39.51t/data=!3m1!1e3

Anybody have a trailer or box truck or..? we could use to shuttle from the dock to the lot?

Edit to add: If someone is willing to tow it, I'm happy to cover the cost of a 6x12 U-Haul trailer.

-Mark

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey thanks David. Looks like a medium lot for public parking and the remainder (the unpaved part) is for monthly parking pass holders - we could possibly make use of that too as long as no vehicles were left unattended.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7732042,-78.638213,91a,35y,39.51t/data=!3m1!1e3

Anybody have a trailer or box truck or..? we could use to shuttle from the dock to the lot?

Edit to add: If someone is willing to tow it, I'm happy to cover the cost of a 6x12 U-Haul trailer.

-Mark

Give me a day to make a plan b. All of this material is on the 14th floor and the freight elevator is quite small and moving this much material will take a long time. I am also remodeling 1/2 of the plaza level and I am hoping to move a bunch of this material down to the plaza level during the upcoming week and then we can load out the material right out the double doors on the west side. I just have to get bldg management approval on this plan but I am hopeful.

Just to give you an idea of what I have here is a photo of some of the base - we will have four piles like this just for the base

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 258

toolman

New User
Chad
Phil,

I will take as many of the 2 x 4 fluorescent fixtures and 2 x 2 fluorescent fixtures that you have left over.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Phil, if its easier for you, I can pick up weekdays also since I'm just up the street, will just need to drive my truck instead of the wife's car. So whatever helps.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil,

I will take as many of the 2 x 4 fluorescent fixtures and 2 x 2 fluorescent fixtures that you have left over.
you sure about wanting all. Some are called for by others and you can have all that are let over. I have not counted how many the electrician are just starting to take them done. They will not be all down by this coming Saturday. My guess is you might be looking at 50 or more fixtures. Hope you have a big truck

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
you sure about wanting all. Some are called for by others and you can have all that are let over. I have not counted how many the electrician are just starting to take them done. They will not be all down by this coming Saturday. My guess is you might be looking at 50 or more fixtures. Hope you have a big truck
FWIW, last time Phil emptied out a shipping container I think I put 20 troffers in the 6' long bed of my pickup...

-Mark

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will take as many as I can Hull.. I was going to bring my 16' Trailer..

Did a quick count today - a few more than I thought.

It looks like other folks have claimed 20 or so and I will have to hold some for temp lighting, which you can have towards the end of the job in March.

So I can give you 80 2 x 4 lights and approx 40 2 x 2 lights, that should light up most shops

BUT that many lights will take more time to get down. They will not be ready to go until 1/20 at the earliest

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We are very busy getting all this material demoed and ready for pickup. We still have some more base to remove and we are about halfway on the base. We have not even started getting all the builtins, cabinets and bookshelves, down as they are trapped by the base and crown.

At this pace we will not have everything ready to go on Saturday.

The doors, base, crown, and maybe a few bookcases, some lights - not too sure about the cabinets - sorry.

But here are a few more photos to wet your appetite

This is really nice wood - that is a 12" wide board
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 123

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I am close enough that I can come up anytime if this Saturday doesn't work. I would like to get some of the base if it isn't all spoken for so I'd be happy to come up this Saturday and 'get it out of your way'. :D

Just don't want to be in the way of anyone else picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS