5" Festool Random Orbit Sander - $99

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop will have as well if you want to buy local. November 1 is first delivery date but orders can be placed today. Fantastic deal and we are excited to offer.

Coleman

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
You can pre-order in store of your choice or call us at 1-800-228-0000 and we can get one on order for you. Item number - FS201234 5" SANDER PRO 5 LTD..... We are expecting to have it turned on our webstore tonite for viewing tomorrow.

Let us know if we can help.

Coleman

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Why is this so cheap? Don't Festool usually got for about 400 bucks?

This appears to be the same as the ETS 125 that normally sells for $195. Still has the normal Festool 3 year warranty.

Basically $50 for a great sander seems like a smart promotion - once you put a Festool to work you will probably buy another. I know I did

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Why is this so cheap? Don't Festool usually got for about 400 bucks?

It is an older model if I'm thinking it is the ETS 125, but that is one that I own and is a very good sander. They just announced several new models with brushless motors so maybe that is why they are offering these at bargain prices.

If I didn't already have one or use one commercially like Phil does, I'd be all over this offer. This is a can't go wrong deal of a lifetime.

I'm almost tempted to buy a second one but I expect the one I already have will outlast my woodworking ability.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I don't know why it is so cheap. Like Phil said, it seems the expected price would be $195 based on the ETS 125 which this is supposed to be replacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98kGJAV4Zg

I wondered if they were coming out with a less expensive line, the "PRO LTD" line, in an attempt to capture a larger segment of the market. I don't really know.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I could use a new 5" sander. I was ready to jump on this, but it looks like Festool uses a 9 hole pattern disk. Since I have $100 worth of 8 hole disks, I think I'll stick to a new tool that can use those.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Can this ROS be hooked up to a shop vac or does it "require" the $375 Festool dust extractor?

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
I don't know why it is so cheap. Like Phil said, it seems the expected price would be $195 based on the ETS 125 which this is supposed to be replacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98kGJAV4Zg

I wondered if they were coming out with a less expensive line, the "PRO LTD" line, in an attempt to capture a larger segment of the market. I don't really know.

Hi Jeremy, only theory but I feel with the new brushless sanders, excellant by the way, along with looking to show more folks the quality of Festool, this is a fantastic Festool introductory product. Once you try this great product and then use your $50 coupon, which is very unusual for them to do, then your odds of being a long time "user" is closer to reality. Again, this is only one theory with no knowledge of real reasons for the price.

Now is the time to give them a try.

Coleman

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
Considering the sander's $50 net price after voucher, I went ahead and bought it. But I think this may be an inventory clearance for a new model with a different abrasive pattern and perhaps they changed course in the middle of a production run and needed to get rid of these. Festool repackaged it with a unique systainer, called it a Pro and added an accessory and put it on sale (smart really when you think about it). I don't think the 125 is a very popular size. I have 2 of them and I always reach for the 150 and I don't imagine I'm much different than other people who have both. Its a gimmick imho. The real profit is for them to be able to get rid of the abrasives because that is where the real "money" was for Festool and the inventory space for the abrasives is cheap, thus they won't discount those. I'll resell my other two 125's with systainers at $50 a piece, repaying my investment in this new one and have a $50 voucher for future purchases, which to me is an incentive I can live with. I would bet my bottom dollar they are changing the abrasive pattern for their sanders.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
HMMMMMMMMM I have the 6 have to Thunk if 5 is any benefit

Thought the same thing. But then bought the 125 as it has a tighter orbit (only 2mm) and will be a finish sander only. With its light weight I will put 320 or 400 grit on it and just float it over the seal coat.

As I said great gift idea - I bought four, one for me and three for gifts. Should I keep all the vouchers? My Christmas shopping is done, all other gifts will be made

ck1999

Chris
User
From what I can tell by link it does not come with a dust bag? This is. 27.00 accessory. Can someone confirm this? Or is this standard with all festool to promote their vacuum system.

Thanks

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
DANG IT.... A day late again. This time I had the dollar. This is sold out on the Festool site and no longer appears on the Klingspor site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS