New workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Planning on simple setup--- table saw. Bandsaw. Planer. Jointer. Etc yada yada . --- big screen tv and big refrigerator with bud light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Now i won't get wet when it's raining
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430602490.227228.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430602508.905573.jpg

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Thanks I'm just gonna do concrete. Thought about wood but gonna be a multipurpose shop so decided on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Dustin, when I built my shop, I installed 4" PVC pipe under the floor from one common header location to 4 places in the layout. I now wish I had more stubs installed. It sure is nice not to have to deal with dust collection pipes running up to the ceiling. I don't have to worry about hitting them when cutting sheet goods on the table saw. It's very easy to do and if you change your mind later about a stub, just cut it off and put a blank over it. Of course you can't move them after the fact, so you need to be sure you know where your equipment will be sitting.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Corporate Member
Yeah, it is definitely worth considering running dust collection pipe under the floor. For a shop your size, I would consider 6" pipe.

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
I actually considered that but I'm not 100 percent sure on machine placement. I am gonna leave the ceiling open for awhile for such things.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
I've built 3 shops and the BEST thing I did was put DC and Power for table saw, planer and jointer under the slab. To me, it's as important as lighting. Being able to flip and/or spin long pieces at the table saw without worrying about hitting a vertical pipe or conduit is incredibly convenient. Consider planning where these 3 pieces will go and put in "provisional" pipe and conduit. It's cheap, easy and if you decide you don't need it - plug it.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
OMG, how can you build this so fast! I can't believe you already have the floors poured. Amazing! ....and might I add that it looks great!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
OMG, how can you build this so fast! I can't believe you already have the floors poured. Amazing! ....and might I add that it looks great!
Teamsters Union - Building Material & Construction Trade Division (BM&CTD).
Seems like a week from ground breaking to BIG buildings open for business around here. The teamsters just finished a new YMCA its a huge multi story I beam building took 1 month from ground breaking to open to the public in the dead of winter mind you. A new dollar general popped up in creal springs it took the teamsters 1 week from ground breaking to grand opening.

Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS