Yorkshire Grit Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Anyone have a source for Yorkshire Grit Turners Paste? I'd like to get some but can't find a source in the US.
TIA

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Yes I did see that listing on eBay. It's not really a source in the US as I still have to pay shipping from the UK.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael, what is the difference between Yorkshire Grit and EEE polishing compound? According to what I have read (rather quickly) they both are designed to do the same job.

Mike Mills

New User
Mike
I have watched several youtube videos where it is used but not by anyone state side that I know of.

Raymond, I don't think Yorkshire Grit compares to EEE. With Yourkshire Grit you sand as normal though 200 then start with the Yorkshire. At the end you must remove all of the Yorkshire to added your finish. Basically it takes the place of sanding from above 220 with sandpaper. They do make a product called Hampshire Sheen which goes on top but it does not look as if it gives the shine of EEE or Renaissance Wax.

This is a pic of the top of a tin; I have all the ingredients (maybe not lemon oil) in the shop though the pumice and rottenstone I haven't used since the 80's.
My concern would be with high contrast woods, like walnut, that the dark would embed in the light and give it a muddy appearance.... but I haven't used it so..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yorkshire-Grit.jpg
    Yorkshire-Grit.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 184

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
The Walnut Log carries both Yorkshire Grit and Hampshire Sheen. www.thewalnutlog.com
Thanks everyone! Any Raymond, I might just have to try them both. One of my coworkers was in Scotland last year and managed to pick up some Yorkshire Grit. I just saw a Pecan bowl he turned and sanded with Yorkshire Grit. I have to try it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS