Yay I sold my first cutting board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer76

New User
Boomer
I know it's a small announcement but this really excites me. The first cutting board I ever made got finished this morning. I posted it on my facebook and only a few hours later it was spoken for. Going to the post office to send it away tomorrow. #### it feels good. I've had people compliment things I've made around the house but this is the first thing I have ever sold or tried to sell.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MW cutting board.jpg
    MW cutting board.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 245
  • MW cutting board 2.jpg
    MW cutting board 2.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 241

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great going, Boomer. Next goal is the 100th and then the 500th, then the 1,000th.

Grimmy2016

Scott
Congrats! Can you tell us what wood was used and what finished you used, and lastly, where were you able to sell it? I have thought about CL and/or ebay but both leave me feeling not so confident in the buyers or my safety.

Boomer76

New User
Boomer
Congrats! Can you tell us what wood was used and what finished you used, and lastly, where were you able to sell it? I have thought about CL and/or ebay but both leave me feeling not so confident in the buyers or my safety.

I used mostly maple and walnut. Thin strips of cherry, maple, and purpleheart in the center. And I posted it to my facebook for sale. One friend bought it and two others commented that they want one too. I sanded and sanded and sanded more. Then misted it with water to raise the grain and sanded again. Then just rubbed it down with mineral oil and let it sit for a few hours before wiping it down with paper towels to get up the excess. After it sat for a while I repeated the process.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Way to go Boomer! Now you is a professional! Bookkeeping, taxes, and all that rot! Welcome to the American business world!

Boomer76

New User
Boomer
I ended up ripping the purpleheart out of the other one. But this is the one I sold and have to make two more for another friend.
attachment.php

12 x 16 x 1.25

Attachments

• MW cutting board.jpg
    MW cutting board.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 134

Wyatt Co.

New User
Bill
Nice! Keep it up. Making money at your craft is addictive and the demand can be consuming. Never sacrifice quality for quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors