woodworking business

Status
Not open for further replies.

pviser

New User
paul
Today's News and Observer features an interesting story about a woodworker with a profitable small business which he started just last year. Making money from woodworking is an oft-discussed subject, and this article on pages 4B and 5B gives some useful insight.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Paul,
Do you happen to have a link to this or is it in hard copy only? I'd like to know more about the type of work this guy is doing.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Their website is much better than most small woodworking companies. They have identified a market and have built a business to cater to it. It seems clear (to me, anyway) that his wife's experience in marketing is a big part of their success.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I have built some stuff for them and no longer will. lets just say I hope they treat their customers better that they do their suppliers.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Are all of their products executed in the, shall we say, Primitive style?

Knowing the market and how to reach them is as important (or more) than the quality of the product...at least as far as running a successful business.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Primitive would be a correct statement, building grade 2x stock, and kreg screws make up the majority of the product. It surprises me that they can get the price they do for the stuff but some people have more money then sense.

thsb

New User
Tim
it seems to me that it wouldn't get someone rich but making a few different simple but elegant hardwood pieces like desks, shoe racks, etc... that would be fairly affordable and easy to make then you could make a little money. it would be production work but it seems like there is a niche that could filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS