Woodrat on Raleigh CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not mine, no affiliation...
Henry

Woodrat - Makes all kinds of joints - $350 (Chapel Hill)

Reply to: sale-s2drq-1075097547@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-14, 4:53PM EDT

For sale, a model WR5 Woodrat joinery machine. This is an extremely versatile joinery machine that can be used to make virtually any woodworking joint. It was purchased in 2006, along with a substantial number of accessories. The heart of the Woodrat is a router, and the Woodrat itself provides a way of precisely controlling movement of the router bit it in all three directions. At all times, the router is in an upright position, and the operator has a clear view of the router bit and the work. The Woodrat provides tremendous versatility with its ability to make so many joints, including box joints, dovetails, sliding dovetails, mortise and tenon, and haunched mortise and tenon.

The list of upgrades and accessories includes a Mounting Kit, Aluminum Fixed Fences (2), a standard aluminum stop and a machined precision adjustable stop, a laser guide for precise positioning of the router bit, 8" and 10" digital scales that can be used in any of the three directions (x,y, or z), the Woodrat manual and instructions for all accessories, brass gauge bars, dovetail angle gauges and two DVDs to get you started. No router or router bits are included. Plunge bars for other routers are available. Selling locally will make it feasible to include several shop-made accessories and jigs that you will want, or possibly purchase.

Just about any router can be adapted to the Woodrat, but it is designed around a DeWalt 625 or 621 router, and either of these makes setup a bit easier. I will include a plunge bar appropriate for a DeWalt 625 plunge router, but plunge bars for many other routers are available.

The following webpages, all written by users of the Woodrat, may be informative if you are considering one.
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/wr-1.htm
http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/woodrat01.htm
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=23042

The original cost of the machine with its accessories was over $850. I am asking $350. All the equipment is available for inspection, and I will guarantee that everything is in working order. All components are less than 5 years old and are in nearly new condition.

Truth-in-selling section: The Woodrat WR5 has been replaced by the Woordrat WR 9, which is a somewhat more sophisticated machine. It also has American competition in the Router Boss. I have replaced my Woodrat with a Router Boss.
3nd3m23l7ZZZZZZZZZ93ecf3b9a322a3f12d3.jpg
3k13mb3peZZZZZZZZZ93e082dabc26abb179c.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now that's how to place a CL ad. Good information, good pics, and genuine honesty.
Too bad I don't have any money left for it :cry_smile

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS