Wooden Block Plane -- COMPLETED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:eusa_clap Nicely done Kevin. The sole looks flat as the Great Plains, the mouth is tight-lipped, and those shavings are the things of quite a few woodworkers dreams.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Well, I just had to come back to Huntersville to try out the plane that RCflyer23 made. Since Kevin is my son, I figured he would let me try it out for just a few minutes. He had to be in a meeting most of Friday night, so I had some time to test it out. Man, does it cut nice. :gar-Bi Nice job son.
I can't wait to see how the next one does.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Now that is cool!! Great job and a nice write up.

Thanks Tracy It was a ton of fun to build. The second one right now is a lot of fun. Just waiting on the glue to dry. Hopefully can wrap it up tomorrow. I'll need to get another blade for it.

I would HIGHLY suggest this project to anyone who has ever wanted to build a hand tool or a hand plane. It's a very simply process with this plan.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well since I had so much fun and I had some more scrap I decided to build a second one. It is a little bigger than the first one works just as good and feels very nice in the hand.

The woods are Curly Maple, Sapele and Oak. Bill Clemmons this is some scrap oak from Dad's pie safe. Were making it go a long way. :)

Mike Davis thanks again for the brass it is coming in real handy. I have a few more planes that I think I am going to try soon..

My son helping sand the plane he likes to sand

2011-08-08_20_30_32.jpg

View image in gallery

WNC_Dave

New User
David
I got that same issue and wanted to give building one of the planes a shot. Thanks for Posting up the pictures of your planes. I will definitely be trying this as soon as i can get some wood and some time in the shop.

Dave

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I got that same issue and wanted to give building one of the planes a shot. Thanks for Posting up the pictures of your planes. I will definitely be trying this as soon as i can get some wood and some time in the shop.

Dave

Dave go for it. You can really build it with any scraps. Both of these are from scraps that I had. Even if you had to go buy the wood you wouldn't have to spend to much and the cost of the blade is cheap as well.

Super COOL plane!

I like the blades Source too!

Fantastic!

Thank you.

Thanks... Yeah tough to beat an $11 blade. Especially since it sharpens up so nicely. I think it's time to go build a jointer plane. That I will have to go buy some wood for maybe.. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS