Wood Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I want to give members near me a chance to off load some lumber before I go retail. You may have a piece in your way that I'm looking for.

12 bf maple (preferred) or poplar.
1 sheet of 3/4" maple or birch ply.

Thx, Joe

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Joe:
I have two full sheets of 3/4" maple that have been in my way since I bought them (and the project never got started).

E-mail me if interested (I'm in Raleigh, not far from Cary Crossroads).

Henry W

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe,

I've got some maple left over from a few projects. Most is just off-cuts, but I have one extra 4/4 board about 8"x8' with a blemish on one side. This has some moderate curl in it. I also have a bunch of 8/4 or close to that soft maple that is already planed as thick as I could get it and still be smooth. Was going to glue it up for a workbench before I found a slab to use.

I also have about a half sheet of 3/4" maple ply.

I also have a piece of poplar that is about 10"x8' or so.

PM if you want to come by this weekend and see if you can use any of it. I'm not far from HS down NC-55 near the NC-540 overpass.

I'm heading to Pittsboro Saturday morning but should be home most of the rest of the weekend. Ed at the Woodwright's Store has some new old tools in, some from Colonial Williamsburg that I want to see. I also want to pick up a cabinet scraper while I'm there.

- Ken.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Went by Henry Wyands shop today and removed 2 of his tripping hazards :gar-La; , and helped MarkE reduce his clutter as well.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Oh yeah. Thanks for that Joe. :gar-Bi

Thanks for letting me look around your shop. Lot's of good jigs and tips. :icon_thum

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
So I had these two shop visitors today - with my permission they cleared me out of sheets goods (that had been underfoot for at least 5 years). They also consulted on concrete driveway repairs, commiserated with me on my finishing woes. and otherwise had a grand old time.

Great to meet you guys - Joe and Mark - pleasure doing 'business' with you.
Be sure to post pics of your projects made with that carefully aged material!

Henry W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS