Wood needed for NCWW Fund raising project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Since the chest turned out so extraordinary we have decided to make the drawers of solid wood instead of ply.

We need about 110 linear feet of 4/4 or 60 feet of 5/4 pine or poplar at least 6 1/2 inches wide.

We would like to have this donated by one of our hardwood suppliers, if no one steps up, I'll pull some cash out of my personal savings.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Mike, my math says your math is pretty good. 110 feet should get us enough to do a few trial, and retrial, dovetails. We need to build with a finished size of 1/2" x 6 1/4. That will fit my dovetail jig best. S4S would be great, but we can re-saw and plane it from rough if we need to. Anything will be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
My experience has been that it is a challenge to reliably get two 1/2" pieces when resawing 5/4 stock. 6/4 is much more forgiving.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
That's very generous Rick! We thank you. I don't see any huge hurry . Mike, do you have any target date in mind?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Would like to be done by end of August to have time for photos, promotion and set up an auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS