Wine rack progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
My first project in 3 years. Small wine rack for our house. Glad it's small, or I would be overwhelmed getting used to using my tools again! Will hold 11 bottles and is mahogany and the back panel will be walnut.
Progress has been fairly slow as I go through the re-learning curve. Making and fitting the lattices was not my fav part, but I knew there would be plenty of mistakes, er I mean adjustments along the way.
20160118_154314-1-1.jpg
I still need to make the back panel , attach, and final finishing. I can see the finish line though and that's a good thing.

Last edited:

ehpoole

Ethan
That is a very fine looking wine rack. :icon_thum

I'm sure you are enjoying the time in your shop once again. Hopefully one of these years I might rediscover my shop as well as it has been a few years since I last had much time in my shop (though I have been pursuing other hobbies in the meantime).

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice looking wine rack, and a great project to get back into the shop. I remember my first time back after a 3 year absence. Whew! A little tentative.

Grimmy2016

Scott
Where did you source your Mahogany? Its very beautiful piece

My first project in 3 years. Small wine rack for our house. Glad it's small, or I would be overwhelmed getting used to using my tools again! Will hold 11 bottles and is mahogany and the back panel will be walnut.
Progress has been fairly slow as I go through the re-learning curve. Making and fitting the lattices was not my fav part, but I knew there would be plenty of mistakes, er I mean adjustments along the way.
View attachment 18389
I still need to make the back panel , attach, and final finishing. I can see the finish line though and that's a good thing.

Cato

New User
Bob
Very nice looking wine rack, and a great project to get back into the shop. I remember my first time back after a 3 year absence. Whew! A little tentative.

Bill Clemmons, my joinery is not as precise as I would have liked but I had to jump in somewhere and take a few lumps for things I forgot, that are now starting to come back to me. I sure can't blame anything on the tools, just the operator!! Most intimidating was getting the router back in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors