Windsor Chair Making at Warren Wilson College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herebrooks

New User
Bill
Hi: I am a member of North Carolina Woodworker(Herebrooks) and would like to post about an up coming Windsor Chairmaking Class with Elia Bizzarri. The class will take place from July 14th until the 20th. The class will build the venerable Comb Back Windsor in 7 days. We've made a few change to the class since Dave Sawyer had been listed as one of the instructors. He has requested to back out of the class for heath reasons(he's in his 80's) but we are continuing to offer the class with renown chair maker Elia Bizzarri. We've also lowered the price to 825.00 plus materials(140.00). There are a couple of spaces left that we'd like to fill. The maximum is 10. Please check out the link:
http://www.warren-wilson.edu/~conference/WWC_FolkShops/Comb_Back_Windsor_Chair.php
For more information, you can call me: Bill Palmer at 828-301-1158

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I moved this to a more appropriate forum.

If you don't mind I'd like to post it in a couple other places.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Any possibility of making a rocking chair variation in this class? I really need to learn how to and to make a rocking chair as a gift.

Herebrooks

New User
Bill
Hey Ken: The chair from the legs up is exactly the same as the rocker. Since Elia will be doing the turnings, I don't see why not. He can simply turn the rocker legs given some lead time. I'll write him a note to check.
Bill

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Bill - the class sounds awesome. Not 'in the budget' for me this year, but I didn't want you to think the few replies in this thread meant no-one else finds it interesting - albeit from a distance.

Cheers,
-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors