Wilton 99177 VS lathe - $99.99 at Rockler

Status
Not open for further replies.

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Help! I couldn't resist the dark side any longer. $99.99 plus free shipping until 1/4/09 at Rockler.com. I even used my $20 Gift card from the last order I shouldn't have made. They did tack on a special shipping charge of $9.99, but the total before the gift card was $116.98.

Reading the reviews on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-99177-...0-Volt/dp/B00062NELO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
this lathe is mainly for pen turning. It only has a 2/5 hp motor, but it got 4 out of 5 stars. I'll let you know my opinion soon!!!

Amy:gar-Bi

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Slip, zoom down the slope you go :eusa_danc. Have fun!! What the heck is a 2/5 HP motor??:icon_scra:icon_scra That's no fraction that I know of :dontknow:

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Welcome Amy. I see a pen mandrel, some bushings, micro mesh pads, and pen kits in your future. Enjoy!

Doug

That is the problem with turning. All of the accessories you need. Mandrels, chucks, face plates, gouges, chisels, tool rests, etc,etc, etc......

Congrats Amy, but beware! It is an expensive fall!!!!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Congrats Amy, I have the HF Version of that Lathe and have love it. You will have lots of fun.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Amy, plan on going to the Woodworking Show in Charlotte, in March. Last year, one of the vendors of pen kits had local turners helping attendies make pens. Easy way to "hook um."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors