Wilmington Lunch Gathering - Saturdays May 10 and May 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runk

New User
Runk
A group of us have indicated and interest in trying to get together for lunch. This is our first attempt at getting some traction for this sort of thing and schedules are not always matching. About half could make one Saturday or the other so I decided to have two meetings in May. The first on Saturday, May 10 and the second on Saturday May 24. Both meetings will be at the Jackson Big Oak Barbecue, 920 South Kerr Avenue, Wilmington.

If you are going to attend please indicate which Saturday or both. I will be the host for both meetings. I really don't want to eat lunch by myself. I have suggested that we bring some pictures of something to talk about. If you have suggestions toss them out. All input welcome.

Runk:eusa_danc

PS. FORGOT TO POST A TIME: The time will be 11:00 in case there is big lunch crowd on Saturdays.

To date we have six confirmed attendees. A good start

WE ARE STILL ON FOR LUNCH ON MAY 24 AT THE SAME TIME AND PLACE (SEE ABOVE)!

SEVEN CAME TO THE LUNCH ON THE 10TH. WE HAD A GOOD TIME SHARING INFO ABOUT SHOPS AND PROJECTS. SPENT SOME TIME ON ADVICE WHEN ASKED. I HAD SEVERAL INDICATE THAT THEY COULD NOT MAKE THE 10TH BUT COULD MAKE THE 24TH. I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. I WILL HAVE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED AT THE FIRST MEETING FOR ALL THOSE WHO MAKE IT ON THE 24TH. QUESTION: DO YOU WANT TO GO BY THE "WILMINGTON LUNCH GATHERING" OR DOES SOMEONE HAVE A MORE CREATIVE HANDLE? DO YOU WANT TO CREATE A GROUP WITHIN THE NCWW COMMUNITY? Runk
:eusa_danc

CANCEL THE LUNCH FOR MAY 24. BEING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE FAMILY COMMITMENTS FOR THE LONG WEEKEND. SO THE LUNCH IS CANCELLED. WE WILL PICK THIS UP AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER. I HAVE SOME MATERIAL TO SEND OUT TO THOSE THAT WERE AT THE MAY 10 MEETING. I WILL DO THAT SOON. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE INTEREST. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. RUNK

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Runk great idea. Wish I was closer. I hope you have a good turn out.

Runk

New User
Runk
Thanks. Closeness is the key word. I have at least one taker for the lunch on the 10th so I will not be eating by myself. It will be a fun adventure. I hope there are others out there that can join me on either date. Thanks again for the encouragement. Runk

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Way to go, Runk. :eusa_clap Glad to see other areas starting a lunch group. Here in the Triad we started w/ just a few and have grown to as many as 20 at times. Other times we have only a handful. The best thing to do is say, "on such-and-such date each month, we'll meet at (blank). Hope you can join us." For us it's the third Thursday. For the Triangle, it's the third Friday. Good luck.

JohnR43

New User
JR
Mike,

I will be there on the 10th of May. Also, I plan to be there on May 24. Hope the list of attendees grows.

John

Jacaruso

New User
NautiPine
Runk,

I am looking forward to May 10th. I milled over 40 BF of 10-year old cherry lumber this past Saturday. Eating BBQ and talking about woodworking sounds a lot easier on the arms.

Jim

Scott22

New User
Scott
I will be there on the 10th as well. I am looking forward to meeting more Wilmington area woodworkers!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good deal and good luck with your area lunch. At least you reserved the 17th so you all can come to the picnic. It's not that far and is always a load of fun and good food.

MGriffies

New User
Marc
It was good to see all of you and get to know you all on May 10th and hope I will be able to come on the 24th! Have a nice trip to Maine in the next three months.

Marc

Runk

New User
Runk
Is there any interest in lunch this Saturday, May 24 same place same time??. John and I are planning to attend but if no one else is going to attend John and I will do something different. Please reply if you have an interest. Thanks. RUNK

Runk

New User
Runk
I HAVE CANCELLED THE LUNCH FOR SATURDAY MAY 24 AS EVERYONE HAS FAMILY THINGS TO DO ON WHAT LOOKS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND. HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET OUT AND ENJOY IT. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR GETTING A GOOD START FOR AN EMERGING GROUP. RUNK :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors