Who wants to do this? (admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Smilies in QR & QE

I'll be happy to do it, but I already know how to do this.... if anyone wants practice installing a simple addon, go for it. BTW, it looks like this will work for vb3.6.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Monty, I tried to download that add-on but it won't let me do it unless I am a license holder......which I am not. Shoot me a zip of the file and I will run the install unless some else wants a shot at it.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
OK cool. I have removed that ZIP file.

Edit: Ok, I go the smiley drop down box to show up in the quick edit box but there are no smilies in it. The drop down box did not show up in the quick reply box. I edited the three templates as per the instructions and uploaded the file into the /forums/includes/xml folder. Is that the correct folder for it?

D L

Last edited by a moderator:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Okay, I have reverted and re-edited the templates a second time and confirmed the upload of the .xml file and I still can't get it to work right.:BangHead:

So..............

Either I uploaded the product-psi_smqre.xml file to the wrong folder.

Or..............

This hack is not compatible with vB 3.6.0.

I uploaded the product-psi_smqre.xml file to the public_html/forums/includes/xml folder. Is this the correct location for it?

D L

Monty

New User
Monty

I uploaded the product-psi_smqre.xml file to the public_html/forums/includes/xml folder. Is this the correct location for it?

D L
According to that thread I linked to, it's supposed to work with 3.6... but who knows...

The XML product does not get uploaded at all, you specify it's location on your personal computer, using either the product manager or plugin manager (I can't recall which).

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
The XML product does not get uploaded at all, you specify it's location on your personal computer, using either the product manager or plugin manager (I can't recall which).

Okay, we're back to silly question time..............if it is on my PC how do others access it then? What happens if I delete the file off my PC? That just doesn't sound logical to me. Let me go look at the product/plug in manager and maybe it will make more sense to me then.

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
:BangHead: .....Okay, after looking at the Product Manger it is as clear as mud now. I think it should be working correctly now. Thanks for the pointer Monty. I'll go delete the file I uploaded earlier.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Who da man? YOU da man!!!! :icon_thum

It's amazing how much I missed that little drop-down thingy. Thanks for fixing it DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS