Who says woodworking is hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOAT

New User
Theo
Transferring files and ran across this. Quite neat I thought. However. There is ALWAYS a however. However, I would NOT recommend using pressure treated wood to make one of these. There's a piece somewhere on the web about using pressure treated wood in buildings used to house animals, and the attendant problems that causes. People already have enough problems with wood they have reactions to without adding to it by using stuff like this for furniture, or where you'll have close physical contact with it. Other than that, I believe this could be a good 'training film' for beginner woodworkers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aarbx-3Qx8M

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like a good project to use some Cypress on......
Anybody?
Anybody?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looks like a good project to use some Cypress on......
Anybody?
Anybody?

I just happen to know where some cypress can be had in the Charlotte area!!!

:gar-Bi

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the link!! :thumbs_up

Considering the number of times I have sat on picnic benches, etc made of the old CCA treated, and grabbed rails for steps made of the same, I don't think I would have a problem with ACQ lumber. However, cypress would be my choice as well.

Looks like a good project to "downsize" a little, and then get my grand-nieces involved in the assembly (I cut, they drill and assemble with a little help from "Grandpa"). After it warms up, I might even let them paint them (providing I have the water hose handy!!:wsmile::wsmile:) They tend to get a bit messy.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS