Who is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Hickoryrecord.com just posted a story about the EXTRAVAGANZA! Somebody is now a SUPERSTAR! I want an autograph!!!!

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/w...e-7932-11e5-9770-1b6fd1734357.html?mode=story
Hope link works....

Thanks to all for your help! Show was a great success and NCWWR's are a HUGE important part of making it successful. Folks love the fact that they can walk in and try their hand at woodworking without pressure and that is SO important to find new woodworking enthusiast! Light sabers were a huge success as well.

2 stories:
Walked out in hallway during show and two grandsons of one of our customer's were battling with the sabers, wish I had a video camera as it was the cutest thing......smiles on their faces were huge and Papaw was exhausted. So funny!

One of my newer staff members said his daughter tried woodturning and absolutely LOVED it and now he has to get her a lathe so that she can make pens and gifts for friends.

PRICELESS! :icon_thum

Coleman

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just a few weeks ago Barry had only an hour or so of lathe time himself. Now he is a famous turner with vast teaching experience.

See what NCWW can do for you?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barry was a real trooper during the Extravaganza, teaching both days. He told me after he had a great time and wanted to do more events. He is very welcome to do so.

As usual, thanks much to Coleman and his team for making this one of NCWW's favorite events of the year.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The Extravaganza is the most looked forward to event on my calendar. The interaction with folks is fantastic, and I really love making sawdust with my scroll saw, which brings many questions and comments. Having a wood working show of this magnitude, right in my backyard, is a super blessing. My only problem, trying to represent 2 different clubs at opposite ends of the hall! Fortunately, there were always enough members present to staff both areas. Thank you to everyone who helped in any way, to make this show the fantastic event it was!:eusa_clap

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Just a few weeks ago Barry had only an hour or so of lathe time himself. Now he is a famous turner with vast teaching experience.

See what NCWW can do for you?

Only in America!
:cool:

Pop

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
The NCWW Outreach project at the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory was a first for me on several fronts. It was my first extended encounter with wood turning, my first NCWW Outreach event and my first woodworking teaching assignment. But of more value to me personally was my first experience in working with a group of caring, accepting and sharing individuals with a sincere interest in their community. Thanks to all the NCWW members I worked with in Hickory.

-Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS