Who am I

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome,

We have a wide assortment of hobby crafts and projects here but I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a cricket bat.

Not a common game in North Carolina, I would guess there is a yearly demand for maybe one bat?

durham2015

New User
Rookie
Welcome,

We have a wide assortment of hobby crafts and projects here but I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a cricket bat.

Not a common game in North Carolina, I would guess there is a yearly demand for maybe one bat?
I agree the demand for cricket bat is very limited in this part of the world, however Cricket is big in North Carolina. Three are more than 100 teams in Wake county alone. Check out trianglecricketleague.org

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Rookie.
You should post some pictures, guessing the standard shape is the same, but guessing there are some intricacies to the bat?

durham2015

New User
Rookie
Welcome Rookie.
You should post some pictures, guessing the standard shape is the same, but guessing there are some intricacies to the bat?
While the general shape of cricket bat is the same, every bat is slightly different because it’s customized to individual players preference and also customized to playing conditions due to variations in bounce in different parts of the world.
Fun part is it has an irregular shape, so don’t use power tools much. Pretty much hand tools like draw knifes, and curved blade travishers & spokeshaves & gutter planes are used to make cricket bats.
42588D53-FD64-44ED-9BDF-3627810DD915.jpeg

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors