White Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built an end table that I want to paint white and would like some suggestions on what type paint would be good and how to apply, etc.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Larry,

Do you want to brush? or spray? In either case, prep is probably the most important part of the job. Sanding, filling holes and joints (if necessary) priming, etc., is what will make the paint look good.

Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Larry,

Last Fall I completed a pair of BR vanities and finished it using X-I-M Flash Bond 400 primer and Sherwin Williams ProClassic Satin Enamel. (All oil based.)

Like Ray said prep is important I sanded to 220 grit and made sure I had a nice smooth surface and then hit with 2 coats of primer with a brush (sanding between coats) and then two coats of the enamel. Seems to be a pretty tough finish and the paint leveled really well. :wsmile:

Good luck,

Wayne

Bryan S

Bryan
Like the others said prep, prep, and more prep. I've used Benjaman Moore paints in the past and was happy with the results. We started using Lowes more for convience but I'm going to switch back. The Benjaman Moore flowed better and seams to stand up better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS