White oak slabs

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
We had a large white oak taken down so I had someone slab it up with his chainsaw mill. I ended up with 6 slabs, 2 1/2" x 28" x 8 ft long.
My wife has requested a dining room table, which will use 2 of the slabs.
1644550897875.png

I have about two years until it's dry, so that will give me time to figure out what to do with the other slabs. Looking forward to them being dry ( and weighing less).

Attachments

• 1644550904680.png
    1644550904680.png
    20.4 MB · Views: 80

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I'm getting close to retirement and thinking I'm going to keep my timberking to play around with but selling my Turbo slabber. Not interested in handing heavy slabs anymore.

Trey1984

Trey
User
I tried looking up the turbo slaber... Does it have its own motor and rail? If it's what I pulled up its pretty neat first time I've ever seen one like that. I'm probably going to get something like a Alaskan chainsaw mill or something like it. That's what I love about wood working so much is how you start from a tree and can end up with a beautiful piece of furniture or whatever you build.

Sdarnell

New User
Seth
We had a large white oak taken down so I had someone slab it up with his chainsaw mill. I ended up with 6 slabs, 2 1/2" x 28" x 8 ft long. My wife has requested a dining room table, which will use 2 of the slabs. View attachment 208398 I have about two years until it's dry, so that will give me time to figure out what to do with the other slabs. Looking forward to them being dry ( and weighing less).

Beautiful lumber. I had a 42” black walnut cut at my parents house and had a guy bring a portable sawmill and mill everything for me I build a 2”X42”x96” farmhouse style table and a live edge entertainment/TV stand out of it.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I tried looking up the turbo slaber... Does it have its own motor and rail? If it's what I pulled up its pretty neat first time I've ever seen one like that. I'm probably going to get something like a Alaskan chainsaw mill or something like it. That's what I love about wood working so much is how you start from a tree and can end up with a beautiful piece of furniture or whatever you build.
13hp Honda with rail, Turbosaw is in New Zealand, Jake Perterson designed it.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
What are the rates are they charging? I've got a big maple and some oaks that I'm interested in. Have to figure out how to drop them, the maple is bigger than my saw.

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
What are the rates are they charging? I've got a big maple and some oaks that I'm interested in. Have to figure out how to drop them, the maple is bigger than my saw.
It will cost me about 50 cents per board foot. The log probably weighed 2500 pounds and I was afraid to move it. If it got away from me, it would have crashed into a building.
I had a tree service drop it because leaned over my shop.

BML

Lee
Senior User
Beautiful stuff…I have been looking at getting one of the logosol slabbers for some time just for this sort of thing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors