Where to find affordable, quality plywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,
Could someone point me to a good place to purchase affordable 4x8 sheets of 1/2 and 3/4 thick hardwood and/or pine plywood? I have checked out the BORG offerings and for the most part they are KRAP. If I have to travel a considerable distance I will but local would be great.
I have heard that the Wurth location in Raleigh has a good selection, so will check them out.
The plywood will be used for bookcases, built-ins and cabinets and the like.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Regards to all,
Tony.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Check out The Hardwood Store ad on the right side of this page. They have a good selection of plywood, and they aren't that far from Durham. Maybe 45 minutes?

tonyps

New User
Tony
I do not use plywood much and did not realize it had become so expensive. I suppose the quality difference warrants the higher price.
Thanks for the information, I will pay them a visit.
Tony.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Evening,
Could someone point me to a good place to purchase affordable 4x8 sheets of 1/2 and 3/4 thick hardwood and/or pine plywood? I have checked out the BORG offerings and for the most part they are KRAP. If I have to travel a considerable distance I will but local would be great.
I have heard that the Wurth location in Raleigh has a good selection, so will check them out.
The plywood will be used for bookcases, built-ins and cabinets and the like.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Regards to all,
Tony.

I have been quite happy with either the birch or oak plywood made by Columbia Forest products. The Purebond line that is sold at Home Depot here in Cary and Apex. I have never had a sheet delaminate or twist like the Chinese stuff (ie Sandiply).As a matter of fact it is extremely rare to even see any voids in the stuff. Also. headquarted in Greensboro and made in the US!

The only downside is the limited variety of veneers. Only seen Birch and Red Oak.

Wayne

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I too have had good luck with the PureBond from HD. 4x8x3/4" red oak or birch for ~$50. They also have 'project panels' in other species, maple, cherry, alder, etc., if you don't need full sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS