where can i purchase an ash mantel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
ash would be great but need a mantel to go next to ash cabinets, and dark flooring! need it around 60" long, about 8-10" wide and at least 4" thick! travis porter has two but cant get in touch with him anymore:BangHead:. wanna stone fireplace surround soon, so i can install flooring! thanks gentlemen(ladies i believe also).

dave

nelsone

New User
Ed
Can you do a built up mantle instead of going with a slab? Ash is pretty inexpensive and a mantle is a pretty easy build.

J

jeff...

Dave, let me know when your coming to pick up your hickory stair treads (been waiting for you for over 6 weeks now) and I'll put an ash piece on the mill and cut to an ash mantle.

Thanks

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
jeff,

u told me u werent gonna waste a bunch of hickory logS to try and get them tread sizes out of it!!!:eusa_thin so i took it as that cause thats the way we left it!

J

jeff...

jeff,

u told me u werent gonna waste a bunch of hickory logS to try and get them tread sizes out of it!!!:eusa_thin so i took it as that cause thats the way we left it!

Your right, so we cut a few boards a short log out of the firewood pile, all logs under 5' go to the firewood pile, some of them are real nice butt logs too... I told you I was gonna rescue a piece from the firewood pile (remember) :slap: Just because the log was in the firewood pile doesn't mean it won't saw out some nice boards, it just means the log is short is all. If I recall you requested your stair treads under 4', so there was no sense in cutting up a 16' long log for 3 pieces of 5/4 x 4' long, when we got plenty of good logs in the firewood pile that would fit the bill :-?.

I was out there this afternoon cleaning up a little and seen your hickory treads. There were 100% clear, not a knot or defect in any of the boards. However I picked them up with the bobcat and dumped in the slab trailer to be cut up and burned in the boiler because they had baked in the sun to long and were split all up.

If you still need a few treads and a mantle I can cut it for you. But this time lets try and make sure there is no confusion and your committed to pick up your wood from the log yard in a reasonable amount of time. O.K ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS