What's happening April 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
That could work for me. Kids will be happy and then probably have questions about whether it can possibly be as cool as Hillbilly Hollow Road. :)

Edit - Oh yeah - you are in day trip range now, which will make it much easier. BTW, I will dig out my possible blanks for measuring this weekend.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Two things in metropolitan Albemarle! One, Wagfest! Place has gone to the dogs!

Two: Friends of the Agri Civic Center Spring Fling Raffle! Great prizes, check us out at www.stanlyciviccenter.com You won't be disappointed!! :wsmile:

T

toolferone

That would work perfect for me. My wife will be out of town, so I would bring the girls with me. Sounds like fun. I will bake my pig-pickin cake and bring it.

CarvedTones

Andy
That would work perfect for me. My wife will be out of town, so I would bring the girls with me. Sounds like fun. I will bake my pig-pickin cake and bring it.

Tom,

What will you be driving? I am likely to be driving the Cube with kids and not a lot of room and I may have some of those large bowl blanks Mike is looking for. This is not a real practical woodguy car. I am warming the seat and paying it off so I can dangle the keys in front of my oldest daughter - a free ride for a free ride (scholarship). :)

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Mike,

We'll be returning from the OBX that day so would not be able to make it.

Thanks,

bobby g

CarvedTones

Andy
I will have my Toyota pick-up. I would be glad to help out.

Well, it may not be necessary. My tape made a liar out of me; the rounds I thought were big enough for the large bowls Mike is doing came up short. :dontknow: But knowing threis a way, I will keep an eye out...

CarvedTones

Andy
How much short? Maybe I could use them for some other project. :icon_thum

Biggest is about 18" with pith. I may have also over-spalted that one, but I am not sure. Hopefully just taking a little off each end will yield beauties. Ends are sealed but I still had it getting some weather effect. I have it and another slightly smaller under good cover now. I grabbed way more than I needed. I split a couple of sweetgum rounds green (no simple task) with wedges and the roughly squared them off for spindle/carving blanks and the yield was higher than I expected. I dried a bunch in the attic and got almost zero checking. Hopefully, I am about to have more time to devote to carving and turning again; I have had a side project thats eaten up a lot of my time the last few months. I also have lots of other wood that starts out closer to the size I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS