What Should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
My brother lives in TN and just sent me an e-mail. Pre-Caution: I am only quoting and have not seen it. He wanted to know if I was interested in approximately 200bdft for red oak, klin dried, most about 10' long x 7"-10" wide, all 4/4. He can get it for $1.00/bdft, he says. I cannot use the whole 200 ft.

Question is: how should I offer to share this with the members here? I will not be able to pick it up until late summer or early fall, I will have to send him the money now. I do not mind sending the money in advance and sharing the loot later. I would also want to cover my expenses (at $2.85-$3.00/gal for a 18-20mpg truck) (about 1000 miles round trip) when the time comes so I cannot offer to just transfer the price of $1.00/bdft but I don't need to make a profit either. I cannot say what it looks like nor can I say that there is a full 200bdft.

Suggestions?

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cover your costs and time. Even at $2.50 a BF for Red Oak is a good deal especially if it is nice and wide.
Dave:)

jmauldin

New User
Jim
George,
I personally don't need any of the lumber as I have a source here where I can buy just about any species kiln dried for $2.00 per bf. but you should definitely cover your costs (and that includes time and trouble).
Jim in Mayberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS