What moron designed this!

iclark

Ivan
User
From the website:
it looks like their marketing pic for the set has the same problem with the wrench.

It is a pain to take the jaws off to store the chuck in the case, but the assumption seems to be that, if you are putting it in the case, then you don't know which set of jaws you will need the next time you use the chuck. So, by putting away the bare chuck, you are ready for the next use.

From the webpage reviews:
They Should Chuck This Case
I love this chuck system. It works as well as advertised, and is a great value. However, I would NOT call the case "stout". It is obviously a universal case with options for other accessories, and with the screwdriver stored in the case, the head of the chuck key has no place to go. After very little use, the plastic snap locks started to tear away from the case, so I cut them off and now secure the case with a strip of Velcro tape around the handles. The current ad shows the same case that I bought six years ago. You would think they would notice the problems and fix them.
DaveB48
Sep 12, 2020

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Penn State Industry is not the best place for hardware for lathes. Pen turning specific items are pretty much all they sell worth anything.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors