What happened with the credit card processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Our last transaction was in May, hence the last raffle. Any time there are no transactions for a period of 90 days the processor, Signa Pay puts our account in a suspended mode. I spent three hours on the phone this morning "while I was at work":eusa_naug. Authorize.net blamed Signa pay and visa verse:BangHead::BangHead:. Had to get them on a three way conversation to sort things out. The guy that "fixed":nah: our account at 7:00 AM this morning on the fourth call listed our capture method wrong. It took a 45 minute three way call to get the two together and realize that our credit card capture method should be "terminal" instead of what the first guy did. What does all of this mean? We need to develop a plan to have transactions all during the year. Bas is working on a plan for the donations to go through Authorize.net instead of PayPal. That will alleviate this ever happening again as long as someone makes a transaction in any 90 day period. Glad we as a team were able to get things up and running in a relatively short time. The admins will work to make sure that this glitch will not happen again. We need to do at least one 25 dollar transaction every month to avoid a twenty five dollar charge per month. Thanks for everyone's patience as we sorted this out. Now, someone win that raffle:rotflm::rotflm:

M

McRabbet

One of the reasons we got our own credit card processing was to replace Cafe Press with our own merchandise -- hats, shirts, coffee mugs and the like. After the Raffle, that should be a next priority. To avoid locking up our own cash on an inventory of merchandise, we would probably want to use a "Pre-Sale" option where members could order an item and when we get enough orders to warrant purchase, we would order the specific items (e.g., shirts which will require a size and style and maybe color fit into this category). Does our credit card provider give us an option to put a charge on hold until we ship? Something to think about.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I think there maybe another option too. Last month I met with a gal @ BB&T regarding some account questions I had. She told me they offer a service that processes payments too.
I am not informed enough to make any kind of decision regarding this topic and I've yet to understand the process of transfer and processing different types of payments so I put the info on my proverbial back burner.
It might be worth Bas or Tracy's effort to check into. :dontknow:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I researched that option when searching and the don't allow raffles. "Online Gambling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS