What do you think?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was just watching TV and a commercial came on for National dog adoption day.

I think we should start a National Woodworker’s Day.

We could encourage other groups to go out in public places to demonstrate and let folks try wood tools. Similar to our outreach events, but Nation wide.

I believe we have a list of woodworking clubs we could contact to get involved. Tool suppliers could help advertise, it would definitely help them sell more tools.

We may even get legislation enacted to make it official.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Maybe Have Each Week of April dedicated to different aspects of woodworking, say one week traditional carving and all wood joinery, week 2 Turnings and spindles, etc .......... with each week we have a single thread that starts out with some background on origins of the specific skill.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
To follow on the theme of Mike and Martin, during the month of April we could also feature fellow woodworkers from our forum who have past away. We could share photos, stories and highlight their particular craft.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
@bowman - can we add National Woodworker Month to both calendar? Seems like something we would want to remember for content, advertisers, etc

EDIT: nevermind, I did it. I forget that I have the POWER!!!! muwahahaha

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I was just watching TV and a commercial came on for National dog adoption day.

I think we should start a National Woodworker’s Day.

We could encourage other groups to go out in public places to demonstrate and let folks try wood tools. Similar to our outreach events, but Nation wide.

I believe we have a list of woodworking clubs we could contact to get involved. Tool suppliers could help advertise, it would definitely help them sell more tools.

We may even get legislation enacted to make it official.

Mike, I like your line of thinking here.

I was always pretty impressed by the NC chest of drawers build that you guys collaborated on.

Given NC contributions to furniture making, I always thought an appropriate piece, constructed specifically for display/use in a public venue (government residence, statehouse, airport terminal, etc.) would be within reach.

Perhaps another project like that to be delivered in April 2020.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS