What color workshop floor would you do?

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Light gray or a tan, not speckled. I've lost too many small parts on mine.
Does the seal coat have any slip resistant material? Some coatings get slick when any moisture is on them.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
No slip resistant material. Even walking in with wet feet it has good traction. I've been setting up the shop this week and the color works great.

Red

freshwaterw

New User
Wesley
If I am hijacking this thread please let me know. However I have a somewhat related situation.The shop I use was inherited, and my Dad and brother poured a concrete floor but left a rough finish. In fact, there are places where some of the aggregate (sp?) shows. This makes vacuuming and sweeping difficult. Is there a product (topcoat?) that could be poured to alleviate this somewhat and still be durable? As usual, any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! By the way, the concrete is gray and I still have trouble seeing a nail or screw!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I am changing my color to ... BLACK

Why? Dropped a chisel again. I think it is worth doing a full rubber floor. The little hook together foam pads don't do it. Stuff gets under them, too soft to roll over.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I am hijacking this thread please let me know. However I have a somewhat related situation.The shop I use was inherited, and my Dad and brother poured a concrete floor but left a rough finish. In fact, there are places where some of the aggregate (sp?) shows. This makes vacuuming and sweeping difficult. Is there a product (topcoat?) that could be poured to alleviate this somewhat and still be durable? As usual, any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! By the way, the concrete is gray and I still have trouble seeing a nail or screw!
(epoxy) grout?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS