What a Shop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

I had a chance to visit Alan's shop (Alan in Little Washington) yesterday. Too bad I didn't think to bring a camera with me - although numerous pictures have already been posted. If you haven't visited Alan yet and you're in the area make it a point to visit him.

Shop cabinets fit for a living room - an ingenious hoist system for getting lumber and machinery into his 2nd floor shop - blast gates that would suck the skin off a cat - dead flat assembly tables with adjustable legs - an amazingly clever dust shroud for the table saw - the list goes on and on.
Gadgets, buttons, levers, dials - there is no end to Alan's ingenuity. By the way, the adjustable legs on the assembly table work great.

When I got home I checked my own assembly table which I thought was pretty flat. Turns out it's about as flat as an ocean wave. Maybe it's time to build a torsion box assembly table. At least I could get some advice easily enough as Alan lives about 15 minutes away.

Thanks, Alan, for a most stimulating afternoon.

Ernie

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No pics, didn't happen.

So, did you pilfer any goodies???? You can't go to Alan's and not leave without Goodies!!!!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
There are pics of Alan's shops and tool modifications in his gallery so I know it exists. The only undocumented is the visit itself. :gar-Bi

Doug

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I remembered afterwards that my cell phone takes pictures. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use it as a camera. Most of the time I'm able to figure out how to dial a phone number. I guess I'm really stuck in the 17th century, just like my instruments.

Ernie

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Jeff

I don't know.... did I? I'll have to ask Alan. I did recognize the table saw though.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS