WFU Grad living in W-S

Wake4est

New User
Preston
I Googled "Crown Woodturning tools" and happened upon this group. The thread had a lot of nice things to say about Klingspor's which was encouraging since I've had similar positive experiences there myself.

In my younger days, when my kids were young, I spent many hours in the workshop making period reproductions out of Black Walnut, Mahogany, and Heart Pine salvaged from an old building being renovated in downtown Winston-Salem. As my kids grew, so did their demands on my time and I spent a lot less time on projects and more on house renovation.

Now that they've started families of their own, I've been afforded more time in the shop AND time to teach my grandkids the joys of woodworking. It's a real shame that shop and home ec classes are not taught in grade school. So I've taken it upon myself to instruct my 11 year old granddaughter and 13 year old grandson woodworking. My granddaughter just wants to use the Dremel tool and paint whereas my grandson has done some nice projects and especially likes the lathe. I've included some pictures of some of their projects.

I'm hoping that getting some quality turning tools will entice me to do more turning since most of my projects were furniture building and house renovation.

Attachments

• 20231111_100500.jpg
    20231111_100500.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240207_200605.jpg
    20240207_200605.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20240305_103701.jpg
    20240305_103701.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 48

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Preston! Nice projects you have shared with us!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Preston, I'm hoping to pass the love of wood working to my grandsons when they are a little older.
You are doing a fine job, keep it up.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors