Wet turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Just got back from TracyP's - I know no pics didn't happen - will post some pics of what I turned soon - anyway Tracy told me to put it in a brown paper bag with the shavings and store it in the closet for about six months - I have the brown paper bag and the shavings but what I don't have is the closet space - Do I need to keep it in the house or can I put it under the house in the crawl space -

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I had a great time watching you turn that burl. Just put it in a dark place for a couple of months and it will be ok. The main thing is to let it dry slowly,

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I had a great time watching you turn that burl. Just put it in a dark place for a couple of months and it will be ok. The main thing is to let it dry slowly,

A Dark place for the Dark side turnings:gar-La; under the house is a very Dark place for those Dark side turnings:gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just don't set it on the dirt where bugs can get to it. Check it in a month, as cold as it is the rh is much lower.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Just got back from TracyP's - I know no pics didn't happen - will post some pics of what I turned soon - anyway Tracy told me to put it in a brown paper bag with the shavings and store it in the closet for about six months - I have the brown paper bag and the shavings but what I don't have is the closet space - Do I need to keep it in the house or can I put it under the house in the crawl space -

Phillip---------another method for drying the turning is to put it in a plastic bag and each day turn the bad inside out-------when you do not see any more moisture collected on the bag, the turning has dried. It can be kept anywhere.

Jerry

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Just don't set it on the dirt where bugs can get to it. Check it in a month, as cold as it is the rh is much lower.

:eusa_thin hummm I didn't think about the bugs - I think that I will try to find a better place - are you saying that it needs to stay warm?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ah... no.

The air is cold and isn't holding much moisture now, so the wood will dry faster.

Of course, you don't want it to freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS