West? Come eat and lets talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello everyone. Those of us in the Western part of the state get to read about all the fun things that happen 'down East'. Go East-enders! Why not here?

I think we need to get together anyone interested and and discuss the potential of increasing activity in our part of the state. Shop crawl, educational sharing, experiment/idea swapping, group builds, fun and fellowship - whatever we're interested in.

Lets have a meeting for this purpose. Thursday October 7 for dinner, or Saturday October 9th for breakfast. I'm proposing Asheville. I know Asheville isn't the only place in WNC, but it is the largest and most central. Besides I know a little about Asheville.

Come on, lets get together face to face and say hello!
We want to include anyone that is close enough to come, or willing to drive!!
Please express your interest in coming and state you'd like to make it on Thursday or Saturday.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
I love the idea, and I really want to be part of it - Unfortunatley, I have conflicts on both days :(

But I definatley want to get to know more of the folks here in the mountains!

-gp

M

McRabbet

Andrew,

I'm also very much in support of your idea to do a get together in the near future, but unfortunately (like Greg), I won't be available for those dates as I am headed to Louisville on the 6th-9th for the Mid-West Tool Collectors Association national meeting. The following Saturday (16th) will be our Western NC Woodworkers Association meeting (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM at Mountain Sawyers in Fletcher). WNCWA is also having our annual BBQ and auction on November 6th. But I will help set up a get together on another date in October since I agree it would be a fun thing to do!

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I'm all for it, but like Greg & Rob, I can't make those dates. If you get enough that can, go for it, but if you keep getting responses like the first 3, let's find another date that works. I'm available the 18th-23rd except for Thursday night (all Thur nites are booked). November is wide open for me if Oct doesn't work.

Brent

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Lets try this another way.
Looks like we have some interest.
If you'd like to get together and discuss some western end activities, pm me with some dates that work for you and we'll go from there. :)
thanks all

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I sure wish I lived closer.

I know it is not Asheville, but I do know a number of folks will be gathering in Hickory at the end of October for the 2 day Klingspor show. Maybe that would be a better date and location for a NCWW meet and eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors