Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

richlife

New User
Rich
That could be a REALLY nice find if it's been taken care of -- likely only needs some cleaning as these things are nearly indestructible. I've seen restorations (cleaning) that make what looks like a piece of junk look almost new. Mainly check that the porcelain coating isn't cracked or damaged. (If there's no rust, a good quality black heat proof paint (think woodstove) can provide a good repair.)

My assumption is that this ad is for the original model (there's no pic) which can be easily upgraded (though upgrading is TOTALLY unnecessary to achieve it's fabulous smoking). The newer models starting at 2009 have a slightly larger door opening with a better knob/handle -- the knob can be easily changed. They also now have a thermometer (drill a hole and put one in), a larger water bowl (you can buy one for about $15 if you want), and a heat shield on the bottom (put it on brick or tile or rig you own heat shield).

And yes, I have one also -- it performed "magic" for me on Memorial Day Sunday. New, the list price of the current model is now $349. I got a new in-the-box steal for $200. Amazon has them from $279, though I've seen lower sales. The lowest price I've seen on craigslist for a used one was almost new for $235.

And do check that virtualweberbullet.com site. Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors