Weather Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Due to unforseen circumstances, this gift is running just a little late :gar-La; 7:50PM on Christmas Eve and all that remains to be done is the wrapping :eusa_danc This weather station I made for my daughter and her hubby contains a thermometer, hygrometer, and barometer, in lieu of the normal clock it has a tide clock since they both enjoy scuba diving like me. Due to the tide clock only being available in a 4" dial size the design required some "field engineering" to acommadate the larger size instruments. 3/4" birch, 1/4" cove edge routing and finished with 3 coats of brushing lacquer. The instrument board swivels for different viewing angles and to service the instruments. Since my photographic skills are not the best what I lack in quality I make up for in quanity, here are 4 pictures. :wsmile:

KC7CN

New User
Don
Nice Christmas gifts Glenn. I made four of my own design as Christmas gifts in 1995. Now I see them everytime I go to visit.:wsmile: The best part was how much my two boys appreciated the handcrafted gifts from their Dad.

-Don

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is a really nice looking weather station Glenn. I guess by now they are admiring it on their wall. I am a little late to the party.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Weather stations are fun to build and go together quick.

You have done a very nice job there Dennis!!! I like the knots(?) or adornment at the top and bottom that gives it a three dimensional look.

Can you provide any more detail as to how you cut the board and shaped it?

Very well done, indeed!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very Nice Glenn. :icon_thum I'm sure this weather station will be the hit of Christmas.

Bryan S

Bryan
I like it Glenn looks great, they should they should enjoy it.

Where did you get the instruments. I have not seen a tide clock and all the instruments I have seen are 2 and 3/4 inches

Glennbear

Glenn
Weather stations are fun to build and go together quick.

You have done a very nice job there Dennis!!! I like the knots(?) or adornment at the top and bottom that gives it a three dimensional look.

Can you provide any more detail as to how you cut the board and shaped it?

Very well done, indeed!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

I don't know who the heck Dennis is :gar-La; but in any case, the front and back boards were cut on a bandsaw and then the edges were routed. The instrument board swivels on two shaped standoffs. :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like it a lot. It's much, much more sophisticated than the standard weather station you can buy commercially - and it looks 3x as good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors