Walnut in Graham NC

crokett

New User
David
A friend of mine has a fair bit of walnut. It is rough sawn to either 8/4 or 4/4, originally it was cut to 10' long but with checking on the ends you won't get quite that much. It is air dried but has been drying for at least a few years. He has at least a few hundred board feet left. The pictures are before and after on a table top that I am building. It is going to match an entry door that I made my wife for Christmas. If you are interested PM me for his contact info. He wants to see it go and be useful before any more of it is too far gone to use.

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

Echd

C
User
I'm not in particular, but I just meant more as a matter of general interest. I can get real excited for something I wouldnt normally buy if the price is right, but in my experience buying lumber from a private individual often can be either an excellent deal or full of mediocre or unusable boards and prices can really run the gamut.

crokett

New User
David
I'm not in particular, but I just meant more as a matter of general interest. I can get real excited for something I wouldnt normally buy if the price is right, but in my experience buying lumber from a private individual often can be either an excellent deal or full of mediocre or unusable boards and prices can really run the gamut.
I know that whoever goes to pick some up would be free to select the boards they wanted. He is a woodworker so understands that. He wants it to go to be used, he is running out of projects for his house. I mean, the stairs down to his shop now have a 7" wide walnut top rail.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors