Wall Box Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I made these a few weeks ago, but had to sand them and add a little more paint and wait to dry. :roll: Had them on the floor for a few days, and the wife said thats it, put them up (Sunday).:eusa_naug She said I have had enough fun getting the lathe, going here, going there. :slap: So here are the results, and one very Happy Wife and Baby!!!:icon_cheers

It's Just 11/16" MDF with rabbet joints and three brad nails per side, then painted with indoor/outdoor black satin spray paint.

Thanks for looking, :notworthy:

Matthew

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matthew I really like those. They are a great use for all that MDF you got.

Dave:)

It sure is...:icon_cheers I am also making some cabinets for the garage and a few more wall box shelves/cabinets for the bathroom's and thinking of making this as well:icon_thum

It will be in sections, so I can move it if we ever need to upgrade to a new home.:no:

Thanks for looking and thanks for the comments,

Matthew

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice looking shelves, Matthew:icon_thum

I never realized you could do something like that on a lathe:slap:.

You'll have to show me how sometime:gar-Bi

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd think twice about that cat litter box being so close to my CPU too. Urine has a way of corroding things. Even the fumes could cause problems with a circuit board & connectors.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Nice shadow boxes Matthew. :icon_thum How did you mount them to the wall?

Trent

I used a keyhole bit and made a jig for the router table where I placed the side in between to stops and about a 1/4" towards me. Lowered the box straight on top of the bit, then pulled it toward me a 1/4" till it hit the stop. Turned it off and then did the other side. :gar-Bi quite simple.
Used wall driller (25x #8 Nylon box for $5 or so at lowes) They say they hold 80lbs straight out and 133lbs downward. So I should have no problems with them falling!:gar-La;

Thanks for looking and the great question,

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I'd think twice about that cat litter box being so close to my CPU too. Urine has a way of corroding things. Even the fumes could cause problems with a circuit board & connectors.

It was just a thought....We have the litter box in the small spare bathroom and not much room. Just thinking of ideas on paper. Have seen those litter boxes with the plants??? So just more ideas.
82700.jpg

Thanks,

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Maybe you could turn the hidden litter box into an oak fumigating chamber! Use the "all natural" ammonia fumes to get that authentic craftsman look to your quartersawn oak for your latest Stickly project. It might take you either 3 times the normal length of fumigating time, or 2 cats and a lazy owner, to get the depth of color you want, but hey, it's "organic". :gar-La;

AAAndrew
Always trying to find the lemonade amongst my bushels of lemons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS