vise gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
some of you saw that henger SS on RCL Thursday well didn't get that :crybaby2:but i did get the bench that it was on i will have to say the bench wasn't much but it did have a interesting vise on it. The vise appears to be walnut or some other dark dense wood any suggestions ?? I not sure if the vise was a pre manufactured item i do know who made it didn't make the bench. i also had a metal block (some kinda vise don't know) and a old
metal machinist vise too .....not to bad for $40.00 the handle has been replaced with a dowel rod (not appropriate ) need one of you turners to make me a oak or hickory (pecan ) handle i got the wood see the pics ....i hope ya ll enjoy it ..love old stuff ...if anybody knows anything about this please chime in :)

Barry

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1533.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1533.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Copy of IMG_1531.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1531.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Copy of IMG_1529.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1529.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Copy of IMG_1527.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1527.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Copy of bench07-09.JPG
    Copy of bench07-09.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Copy of bench07-03.JPG
    Copy of bench07-03.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 191

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is the vice screw wood or metal, it's hard to tell from the pics? With a little retro-fitting it could be an excellent vice on your bench.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Wow that's a real find, nice work on that screw vice, it looks like it'll clean up nice.

bman

New User
barry
yea it is wood and it still works used it this weekend need to make a proper bench for it ...we will have to put that on the list.....wow that list is sure getting long :eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors