Upholstery shop

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Looking for someone to re-upholster an Eames chair and ottoman. Not a real one but decent. Need durable leather resistant to body oils. I am tempted to do it myself with good faux microfiber, but worth looking to do it "right".

May have to replace, but a real one runs over 7 grand, and not sure the $1200 range is decent quality. I sit in a Stressless, but the Eames fits my wife better.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Scott - we had some chairs re-leathered at a place in Fuquay or Holly Springs (unsure, my wife dealt with this). Wasn't cheap, but we couldn't find other chairs that we liked and this was a better alternative. Has held up a few years now without any issue, so work was well done.
I might be able to find contact info if pressed to do so, but that's a fair distance for you - unless you can't find someone closer.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Hold off for now as that is a haul. There is a shop here in town I want to visit. Not going to be cheap I know, but wife loves the chair.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Looking for someone to re-upholster an Eames chair and ottoman. Not a real one but decent. Need durable leather resistant to body oils. I am tempted to do it myself with good faux microfiber, but worth looking to do it "right".

May have to replace, but a real one runs over 7 grand, and not sure the $1200 range is decent quality. I sit in a Stressless, but the Eames fits my wife better.
Feel your pain. Several years back, we went shopping for a new couch for family room. Didn't find anything that suited us, so we had existing couch recovered, along with new coushions. Recovering was more than the costs of new couches, but we are HAPPY with results. Unfortunately company that did this for us is no longer in business.

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Youll need the proper sewing machine for that if you DIY..... an industrial walking foot is required.
I have dealt with Ultra Suede successfully on my wife's portable. No worse than denim. Leather, vinyl, etc, absolutely. But an Eames lounge chair doe not have any seams. Staples and buttons.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS