Turning Burls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

New User
Mike
I cut a big cherry burl about 10 or so months ago..I didnt what to do except I coated the ends with anchorseal and left it alone. This weekend I cut the ends off and split the burl and coated the ends with anchorseal ...I could turn the 2 end pieces between centers and just see what comes of it but on the big pieces I'm not sure what to do...Any help would be appreciated ...The pics are in the Gallery under turning burls....Actually a pic of the whole burl was put in there last yr...Thanks

(I didnt know how to put the pics here or to do a link to them)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Mike.

Hope these were the burls you were referring to...

DSC01834.JPG

DSC019891.JPG

Very pretty wood!:icon_thum:icon_thum That is going to make some nice project wood!

Wayne

PS Here is a great link for a tutorial for posting pictures in your posts. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25508)

Flute Maker

New User
Mike
That was them Wayne and thanks for the tutorial and for moving them for me !! ...Ill have to check the tutorial out... Thanks !!!

Ok I rough turned one of the ends between centers...still alot of stuff to do to it...It has major stuff removed off of it...I then filled the small cracks with super glue and wrapped a damp cloth around it until I can get back to it today...Not sure if that was right thing to do but it was very dry...might not have needed to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS