Trouble with Uploading Document to Download Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Hi folks,

I was trying to upload the latest BOD meeting minutes to the download library and keep getting the message: "You may only use the following file types:"

But then it doesn't list any???? :confused: I tried uploading it in both PDF and Word 97-2003. Any ideas???

EDIT:

.doc and .pdf file types need to be accepted as they are two of the most common file types for people to open and view.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
What I found is very disturbing.. The table that controls which file extensions are allowed to be uploaded is empty. I went into the control panel log and I am the only person who has even used the admincp to examine the extensions since the upgrade. I would think, i would remeber if it was empty before. I can see one or two extensions being deleted by accident, but that would be very difficult and tedious to do, if someone wanted to delete them all on purpose.

So I have no idea what happened.

Some possibilities are:

They were a causality of the upgrade. But I think I would have remembered if it had been empty when I looked before.
They wiped out with phpmyadmin, purposely or accidentally.
I will need to look into this in detail before I restore them. But I am up to my neck in alligators on my available time. Not only is everything on hold while do the raffle stuff, but I haven't even started my taxes. So please be patient. It is extremely important that we get and idea of what happened. At the very least for all of our peace of minds. An accidental deletion is no fun, but it is better than a purposeful one.

ehpoole

Ethan
Steve,

I know I have not had any need to tinker with file types, so I'm pretty sure it was not me. I know I have not needed to do anything to alter the tables (wherever they're stored), so again I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I did. To the best of my recollection, the only alters i have performed were on the Widget tables to recover from bad code during the development of my Widget.

I'm wondering if maybe we need to try and run some consistency checks on our database tables. A record can get zeroed out as a consequence of MySQL self-repairing a damaged record in an effort to stabilize a table. Unfortunately, MySQL administration is not my forte, but I believe the command is along the lines of "repair table {table name} quick/extended". It is best to have the tables backed up first just in case something goes wrong in the repair process, but it would require taking vBulletin offline for the duration of the repair -- just to insure there are no changes being made to the tables (although I'm pretty sure the tables are locked for the duration of each tables repair).

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,

I know I have not had any need to tinker with file types, so I'm pretty sure it was not me. I know I have not needed to do anything to alter the tables (wherever they're stored), so again I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I did. To the best of my recollection, the only alters i have performed were on the Widget tables to recover from bad code during the development of my Widget.

I'm wondering if maybe we need to try and run some consistency checks on our database tables. A record can get zeroed out as a consequence of MySQL self-repairing a damaged record in an effort to stabilize a table. Unfortunately, MySQL administration is not my forte, but I believe the command is along the lines of "repair table {table name} quick/extended". It is best to have the tables backed up first just in case something goes wrong in the repair process, but it would require taking vBulletin offline for the duration of the repair -- just to insure there are no changes being made to the tables (although I'm pretty sure the tables are locked for the duration of each tables repair).

Ethan, I know how to do it.In fact I know quite a bit about MySQL. Right now I am going to leave it alone and hope others will until I have more time to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors