Toy Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I just finished this cypress toy chest for my Granddaughters christmas present. The finish is amber shelac topped with poly. I bought a set of hinges from Rockler that won't let the lid slam shut. They are not very attractive but maybe they'll save some little fingers and when she's older I can put some better looking ones on.
100_1249.jpg

View image in gallery

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job Larry - :icon_thum Better safe on the little fingers then appearance anytime :icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Another great looking cypress project, Larry! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

You're my "cypress hero!" :notworthy: I love working with cypress. I presume the "dots" are plugs? Walnut? Especially like the finish. I've never use shellac, but you gave me a reason to start. It seems to work well on cypress.

Keep 'em coming, Pard. You da man!
:wsmile:

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Another great looking cypress project, Larry! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

You're my "cypress hero!" :notworthy: I love working with cypress. I presume the "dots" are plugs? Walnut? Especially like the finish. I've never use shellac, but you gave me a reason to start. It seems to work well on cypress.

Keep 'em coming, Pard. You da man!
:wsmile:
They are plugs but I made them from a scrap piece of ebony. I really like the color shelac gives cypress but if you try it, cut 50% or so with alcohol and use as many coats as it takes to get what you want. It dries so fast that youcan put on several coats a day.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice solid looking work, Larry!

Should definately stand the test of time and be cherished for a very long time.

Well done.:icon_thum

Wayne

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Beautiful toy box there.You said granddaughters,how are they gonna pass it on to their children.Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS