Tool Review: Dema's Brass Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Seems like friendly discussion so far.

If the tool was unique I'm sure it would be patented. I've made things that were different and people asked why I didn't patent them. First of all I can't afford the cost. Then I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. I have design patents and I understand the law better than most laymen, but I am not a lawyer and wouldn't try to argue with one. They can be hard headed at times. And If I need a lawyer I want the toughest one out there.

All that aside. I haven't tried this type of hammer, always thought they looked awkward. But maybe I'll give it a chance.

BKHam

Bradley
User
i'll leave the patlaw reply be. i think we were headed toward grammar corrections next.

internet discussions go where they go. when you put it out there, you can't control it.

RE: allisnut - the price is pretty high. i guess i justified it knowing the guy is a garage wood worker like myself and he has produced some pretty entertaining content on youtube. he will appreciate the money more than i'll miss it. and its a premium tool in my view. I've bought some handmade stuff from Chris Black here in WF / Rolesville under the same thinking. could i have made or bought an awl or marking gauge for cheaper? yes, but he's a cool craftsman and i like supporting him.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

But it comes in a REALLY nice case..... :eusa_danc

And you have to order it before 10/1 to get it by January of next year. If I can do without it that long, I probably don't need it.

Last edited:

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Interesting, But I already have things that will do everything that thing will do and probably cost less in aggregate, Just not in a single tool. Still looks like a cool tool though.

Jim
That's the kind of tool I can never find when I need it. Its so special and nice I don't hang it on the wall near my bench and I just don't use it if something is closer to my reach.

I used a tool in a boatyard similar to the center finding tool with the posts. It was a must have tool for finding the center lines of tapered wooden mast pieces. Some were very long.

I have to win a gift certificate to come home with one of those for now. Maybe some day??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS