Tool organizer... er um... thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
After reading a blog post from Christopher Schwarz I saw this picture:
18c_rack_IMG_3512-1.jpg

I don't have the 18th century bench yet but I thought I could apply the same thinking to my workspace. So I threw this together:

It attaches to the wall with a french cleat. I used one of the scrap 1x4's that I was trying to give away :) http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/f104/free-free-crappy-1x4s-33884/

It works great and keeps me from searching through shavings and dust for my tools :).

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice tool rack. After many years of woodworking, I'm still struggling w/ tool storage and placement. I'll build something I think is just right, then in a few years decide it isn't quite right and build something else. :nah:

Bill

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
That is a nifty design. It looks like it can be adapted to hang from pegboard using a couple of L hooks.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Bill, I doubt it is the last one I will build. And I am sure tomorrow I will realize I left out some tool that really needs to hang. But I am just getting started with "organization" so this is quite an improvement from shuffling through shavings to find a sharp chisel :)

AviOren

New User
Avi
Hi, because of dust I have decided to keep most of my tools all enclosed. But not the lathe gauges.

HandToolsStorage1
IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

Lathe gauges storage:
IMG_0693.JPG

RickC

New User
Rick
Now, if I can just train myself to put 'em back on the racks!! :rotflm:

NAH!! :nah:

Heck - if I could do that, it would probably cut at least 25% off the time of any project! As soon as I start clearing my workspace, I begin seeing little things I could "finish up". Next thing I know, time has flown by and I still haven't begun my original project. Same phenomenon with cleaning the shop!
:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS