this weekends flea finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Blazing hot but I hit it fairly early and was home by 11am.

Got a Mussehl and Westphal Musical Saw (that is a strip of tape on the teeth).

musicalsaw-1.JPG

musicalsaw-2.JPG

musicalsaw.JPG

Then I found this 18" Disston tenon saw, I think is what it is. It looks rough here but I think it will clean up pretty well. I plan to use this one. It was cheaper than the sticker price as I bought a Simonds #62 with it.

disston_tenon-1.JPG

disston_tenon.JPG

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Chris -- The Disston is a classic "Back" saw -- I've got an old E.C. Atkins 18" No. 2 saw that looks very similar -- it was my Dad's saw that he passed on to me with an old Sears "Dunlap Adjustable Mitre" jig -- I used it to cut lots of chair rails and mouldings before I got my first CMS. I also have a Disston No. 3 back saw (much newer) that I bought for $3 at the Disston factory in Lynchburg, VA when they closed it up.

Rob

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I'm thinking this will make a good tenon saw for it's size. I have a few smaller back saws, most are 12", I have a little 10" Disston, and an Adria dovetail saw. Also have a huge Disston miter saw but that sucker is just wall decor. :lol:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Chris,

Did you go to an established flea market? If so, where did yo find one that has useful stuff? I used to go to the one at the state fairgrounds... and never could find anything to write a gloat about... :crybaby2:

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
I think you hosted those pics at www.linky-no-worky.com! :lol:

Congrats on actually bringing something useful from from a flea market. I have never found anything but junk, but posts like this make me want to keep checking anyway!

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Yes I go to the fairgrounds about every weekend as I live very close. It is definitely not a great place for tools normally. I like bringing back old hand tools from neglect, but anyone who needs NICE tools would not find much, and if they do they want a ridiculous price. Even with myself looking for ones that need some TLC most are just what even I consider junk. Finding a Stanley plane without broken wood is pretty unheard of.

Probably more often than not I come home with nothing, but it's a little exercise and I can grab a few fresh ears of corn and a cucumber for dinner.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Monty said:
I think you hosted those pics at www.linky-no-worky.com! :lol:

That is the second server I have moved those to today. I think my host is having issues. Basically, when I move my images there, stop working.

Monty

New User
Monty
Well, what you need to do is... find an image hosting service that is easy to use, reliable, has no bandwidth limitations, and cheap. Preferably free. Anyone know of such a service.... ? :eusa_thin

:lol:

T

toolferone

ding ding ding! I know, I know! How about hosting them here!:eusa_danc Do I win a prize?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
My hosting has been down today for the first time since I can remember and I've had sites there for maybe 6+ years, so I'll cut them some slack for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS