Third Mallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I made this, my third mallet tonight. It is Padauk and Maple. I finally got the dimensions, and tapers right and I like the transitions.

Doug

P7200070.JPG

P7200073.JPG

P7200072.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What's up with the dowels in the Padauk...structural or decorative? Either way they're a cool addition.

Dave:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Dave:

Those aren't dowels they're screw holes where the chuck was attached. I need to fill them. :dontknow:

Doug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Honesty will be your downfall. Those could have been a highly decorative touch or a new jointery method out of the uncharted far East for all we know :eusa_hand:crossedlips:

Dave:)

Rod

New User
Rod
Nice mallets...all of them. That's a great idea...the dowel thing. Maybe drill the holes out and turn a couple maple dowels to size.

Threejs

New User
David
The filled holes are really interesting looking. When I did my mallet (Which is not nearly as nice as this one), I just tuned it between to centers.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am partial to this one, Doug!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Must be both the color of the wood(s), as well as the design feature. You sure have been tearin'' up some serious wood this past weekend!:eek:

Very well done.

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job, Doug!! I love the contrasting wood.
Since you now have 3 of them cluttering up your shop, I could take one off your hands. Don't want you tripping over excess wood in the shop:gar-La;.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Great work Doug! Looks very nice. Personally I like your Thunderhammer better (I believe you sold it to your boss either that or they stole it for a meeting) but I just prefer that style :icon_thum. You're getting pretty good at those things.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS