thinking of getting the mm E16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker

New User
John
I'm considering the MM E16 bandsaw. Has anyone got one? Anyone have an opinion? Any advice welcome.
thanks,
John

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Don't have one, but can't imagine it is anything less than stellar.

0198b30081adb4f092ec973948e73180.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I only know of a few people that have the E16, I do not have one. From what I remember, it is not quite the same as the MM16 in several aspects. If you go to sawmillcreek.org you can find a few threads with people who have the E16 and their likes and dislikes of it. The only thing I can remember is something about someone having trouble with the guides.

As for MM in general, I would not waste my money on the miter gauge or the mobility kit. If you are bound and determined on the MM mobility kit, I will give you mine. I recommend getting casters from great lakes for mobility.

Rocker

New User
John
Thanks Travis and Jeremy. After thinking it over I took a different tack. I bought a Rikon 18" bandsaw that was on sale at Woodcraft. It was almost half the price of the E16. With the money saved I am going to invest in some good carbide blades. If this doesn't make good quality cuts, I'll sell the Rikon and get an mm16.
John

Nativespec

New User
David
It is not as beefy as the MM16. I considered it but I went with the MM16. I think I would have regreted buying the E16 and would have ended up upgrading.

David

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You won't regret the carbide blade after you get over the sticker shock. They are awesome. I have had my bandsaw for well over a year and have yet to take the carbide blade off of it. Well worth every dollar.

Rocker

New User
John
Travis,
which carbide blade did you get? Where did you get it? I want to be able to use this bandsaw more as a table saw

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
You won't regret the carbide blade after you get over the sticker shock. They are awesome. I have had my bandsaw for well over a year and have yet to take the carbide blade off of it. Well worth every dollar.

I'd have to agree 100%. I'm not sure I would have purchased one, but my new saw came with a couple of them and HOLY SMOKES is that nice! A much better quality cut, and much faster.

The ones I have are Resaw King brand (from Laguna). Very thin kerf and high quality. :icon_thum

Rocker

New User
John
Good advice. I just ordered a Resaw King. Have you seen any carbide blades in narrower widths? Say, 3/8? If so, I 'd like to get one of those, too.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Good advice. I just ordered a Resaw King. Have you seen any carbide blades in narrower widths? Say, 3/8? If so, I 'd like to get one of those, too.

You deserve a pre-gloat YOU SUCK! :rotflm:

Personally, I haven't seen them that thin ... but that doesn't mean they aren't made! I think they tend to be on the larger blades -- especially for resawing.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The carbide I have is a Lenox. I use it for everything from rough cutting to cutting the cheeks on tenons to resawing.

TBone

New User
Tommy
Thanks Travis and Jeremy. After thinking it over I took a different tack. I bought a Rikon 18" bandsaw that was on sale at Woodcraft. It was almost half the price of the E16. With the money saved I am going to invest in some good carbide blades. If this doesn't make good quality cuts, I'll sell the Rikon and get an mm16.
John

John, did you pick up your Rikon or did you have to order one?

Rocker

New User
John
Tommy,
I bought one that was in the crate at the store. I am having a friend that's in the moving business pick it up for me this week. The guys at Woodcraft offered to put it in my pickup truck, but I don't have a way of getting it off at my end...hence the movers. I think I bought the last crated one they had last week, but they may have more in by now.

TBone

New User
Tommy
Tommy,
I bought one that was in the crate at the store. I am having a friend that's in the moving business pick it up for me this week. The guys at Woodcraft offered to put it in my pickup truck, but I don't have a way of getting it off at my end...hence the movers. I think I bought the last crated one they had last week, but they may have more in by now.

I thought I remembered seeing "John" written on that crate. :gar-Bi

He offered me the one on the floor, but I would rather have it in the crate to drag it 90 miles on the trailer. Should be in soon but I'm tied up the next 3 Saturdays and won't be able to pick it up. :sad2:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tommy,

John, I am sure that you could have found some help if you asked. Machinery has been moved in F-V before :wwink:

Dave:)

TBone

New User
Tommy
John, I am sure that you could have found some help if you asked. Machinery has been moved in F-V before :wwink:

Would've been glad to deliver it with the trailer. After all, since you bought the last one there was nothing else on it when I left WC. :gar-Cr

Rocker

New User
John
Dave,
I know I could have counted on my fellow NCWW's to help unload the bandsaw, and I really like that. But, I have been trading favors with my friend the mover for some time and felt that the grunt work would be easy for his young men. Besides, he's just around the corner from me.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No problem, I just want you to know that there are folks to help if you ever need it :icon_thum and we ain't too far away either :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS