Think Green With Kiln Dried Scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdust Denny

New User
Denny
A local lumber wholesaler grades kiln dried lumber in their warehouse and sells the cut off as fire wood. I have found these scraps to be great for small projects and can also be used for smaller pieces like drawer parts on large projects. This saves having to cut small pieces out of longer boards which I see as a way to preserve our natural resources and make it more affordable to enjoy the hobby of woodworking. They sell this by the pallet load so you get a mix of sizes and species. As with everything else the price has increased in the past year and it now costs $30 for a pallet of wood. :gar-La;

The photo below shows my latest pallet load. I sort this into two stacks, one to be used for projects and the small pieces or pieces with major defects for fire wood. My wife and I like to sit by the fire pit on our patio and burn the fire wood which allows us to unwind from the stresses of the day and spend some quality time together. :icon_thum

DSC01313.JPG

Sawdust Denny

New User
Denny
If you look closely you can also see wooden toys, laminated turning blanks, jigs and fixtures and many other items. But as you pointed out I can also provide my brother with an unlimited supply of pen blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS